Our Adoption Story

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

How to celebrate BLUE day 2011


Miles is getting old enough now to do some more structured/preschool like activities (which I am super excited about- call me a dork but I LOVE that kind of stuff). So we had our first "theme day" the other day and deemed it BLUE DAY 2011! Here is how to have your own successful (simple and cheap- but oh so fun) blue day!

Invite your friend over for the celebration and ask her to wear her favorite blue shirt! Then make some blue milk and enjoy it with blue straws in blue cups- cheers!





Build a blue block tower....

and have a blue-car-only race.



Blow up some blue balloons...


and have a BLUE dance party featuring songs like:
"Blue Suede Shoes, and Blue (Da Ba De)"

Read blue themed books. Our favorite picks of the day were:


and



After reading Deep Blue Sea, make your own sensory box of a deep blue sea (this woman's blog is chocked full of ideas for kids, but she does some awesome sensory boxes. It's where I got the idea for this one).






Time for a treat! Make blue Jell-O and enjoy some blue suckers:)





I think I had more fun than the kids, especially during the dance party, which is why there is no photo evidence!

4 comments:

Josh, Amy, Olivia, Josiah, Girum, Tarikwa, and Taye said...

You ROCK!!! Wish we could have joined in your blue day celebration! What a great idea!

Amanda said...

you're so cute!!

jules said...

Ah! That last picture is killing me! they are so precious! What a really really cool day, Val. If you ever do a "bear" day, I will want to come along, via blog or via real life.

Patti said...

Valerie! You are amazing! I love it! I love it! I love it!